I’m back and hope you are still tuned in to this Blog. Several weeks have passed and the gardens have grown like weeds… well there are some weeds among the perennials who are pushing their way up. The perennial bed photo you now see below is the same position and same fork as last blog photo.
Yes, the background of the perennial border is the Crooked Arbor with the best ever blooms of Wisteria!
Our Zinnias in ten flats have arrived from Cascade Cuts. The next photo shows a few sprouted calendula in an empty bed waiting for those “State Fair” Zinnias. Is it too early to plant? Too cold? Nor more frost? I’ll wait till end of April to make sure. (Thanks to Jack and Nate for putting 2 inches of Bailey’s compost on the flower beds.)
Bassetti’s Garden Art Show June 25-26
I promised more info regarding what’s happening with our Annual Garden Art Show to be held Saturday, June 25 and Sunday, June 26, 2016. I am happy to report that artists have agreed to participate. If you have been at our events before you’l l recognize names and see some new ones. Here they are.
- Andrew Holmberg, Blown Glass
- Dennis Warshall, Sculpture
- Judy Thomas Designs, Ceramics
- Deborah Taylor, Collage Paintings
- Aiko Vail and Poul Erickson, Wishpoosh, Glass, Metal and Wood
- Ken Morrison, Celtic Ironworks, Sculpture
- Bill Jacobs/Alchemy Fine Coffees, Woodwork/Boxes
- Caroline Sumpter, Sculpture
- Mikele Keiffer and Carol Campbell, Tuzzie Muzzie, Millinery
(Our postcard with photos and details will be printed and sent next month. If you are not on our mailing list, please add your name and email or mailing address.)
In the meantime we have other artists in our garden galleries AND our gardens are open Friday and Saturday 11:00AM – 4:00PM.
SEE YOU SOON.